The golden age of Rock 'n' Roll, produced the Kings of entertainment, Del Shannon, Richie Valance and The Big Bopper who will be remembered by all. In the late 60's Dennis Knight recorded a song “Every Breath I Take,” with the backing of the then Bee Gees, Dennis's career really started then.
Dennis commenced working all major clubs throughout Queensland. Dennis further distinguished himself by winning the “Queensland Entertainer of the Year” award, five times in succession.
In 1973, Johnny O'Keefe became Dennis's manager and this boosted his career to the corporate market of the entertainment scene. J.O.K. nurtured Dennis to perform with such charisma, he himself had on stage. At Expo '88 in Brisbane, Dennis performed to 12,000 people at the river stage and his concert could not be followed by any other artists, local, interstate or international.
Dennis has shared the stage with some of the greats in the industry and he is still receiving the ovation he deserves. After the recording of four albums and six singles throughout his career, he finally received two Gold Albums for sales in excess of 80,000 for each album. Dennis is a great entertainer and in 1993 was voted “Variety Performer Of The Year”, for the Variety Club of Australia in which he plays an active part.
Major Achievements of his career:
- 1973 - Signed Management contract with J.O.K.
- 1974 - Toured Australia with Chubby Checker and Gerry & The Pacemakers
- 1975 - Toured Australia with Roy Orbison
- 1978-79 - Supported Jerry Lee Lewis
- 1981 - Australian Tour with the Platters and Bobby Vee
- 1984-90 - Own Production Show “Rock Around the Clock”
- 1993 - Voted Variety Performer of the Year
- 1994 - Received 2 Gold Albums
- 1998 - Toured every state in Australia for the Variety Clubs of Australia
- 2000 - Toured New Caledonia
- 2001 - Toured Victoria for 3 months.
- 2002 - Toured America for 4 months, toured Western Australia for 3 weeks
- 2003 - Variety Bash Tour with Variety Club Australia Worked various clubs in Queensland
- 2004 - Toured Vanuatu for 2 weeks and worked at Queensland’s Crackerjack Festival
- 2005/06/07 - Toured Victoria and NSW. Worked at Suncorp Stadium for all Bronco’s matches.
- 2008 - Denim & Lace Ball - Crackerjack Carnival Dennis has played this Festival for the last 12 years and is a regular at Wintersun